If you’re interested in any of our procedures, but you don’t live in Southern California (or if you do, but you live kinda far away), don’t fret – we have options! Many patients come from out of state, and even out of country to receive our services.
Before you book that plane ride or call that taxi, consider having a virtual consult with Dr. Weiss! If you have a smartphone or a computer with a built-in webcam, it’s easy to connect with us. For the virtual consult you’ll need the following:
- Computer or smartphone with an attached camera (most recent smartphones and computers come with built-in webcams)
- Skype videoconferencing software (Download it now) or FaceTime software (Mac and iOS only)
- A well-lit, quiet place to conference – the room doesn’t have to be silent, but you’ll want to make sure you can hear and be heard without shouting 🙂 Also, lighting is important! A well-lit area allows Dr. Weiss to see the most detail possible when looking at your face and eyelids.
Before or after the virtual consult, you’ll want to fill out our New Patient Forms if you haven’t done so. (If you’re having a cosmetic consultation but not sure if you’re going to pursue a procedure with us, you might not want to fill out ALL of your information – that’s okay! We respect your privacy! All we need is a name and a way to contact you. We can get the rest of the info when you come in.)
Since video conferencing isn’t always perfect, it can be helpful to send an image of just your eyes or face to Dr. Weiss before the consult. Remember to find a well lit area and then you can simply take a selfie with your smartphone or computer! (If you’ve got a friend or family member around to take the picture, that’s even better, but if not, a selfie is totally fine).
Not super comfortable with technology? We’ve even got you covered there! Just give our office a call before the consultation and one of our staff members will help walk you through the steps of getting set up and test the connection to make sure everything is working. (Our technology specialist has his masters in Computer Science – you’ll be in good hands!)
Visiting our Office
If you’d rather visit us in person, we’d love to see you! Here’s some information you might find useful!
- We’re only about 10-15 minutes away from the John Wayne Airport (airport code: SNA).
- We’re right across the street from the Fashion Island shopping center. Our address is 360 San Miguel Dr., Suite 403. Newport Beach, CA 92660.
- If you’re visiting us for a surgical procedure, you might need to hang out for a day or two before you fly back/drive back. There are quite a few hotels near by, including the high-end Island Hotel or the Balboa Bay Resort. If you’re looking for something a bit more reasonable, a quick Google search will show some of nearby options including the Hyatt and the Holiday Inn.
There are multiple options for getting around Orange County, despite its (admittedly deserved) reputation for being very car-centric like much of Southern California:
- Uber and Lyft – You’ve likely heard or already used the popular ride-sharing apps Uber and Lyft. These apps use your smartphone and it’s location-aware capabilities to send a driver directly to wherever you might be. Payment is handled automatically through a debit or credit card you link with the app, so you can simply request the ride, enjoy the trip and exit without any hassle! Visit their websites to learn more!
- Yellow Cab – Yellow Cab is a popular choice for traditional taxicabs in the greater Orange County area.
If you’re considering a procedure with us, we look forward to seeing you! Have a safe trip!